Sunday, December 27, 2015

Happy New Year

Hi,

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas. Just wanted to thank every one of you for being such great clients. I love you all. I'm so thankful for you. I've had a great year and it has been made possible because of you. :-)
Last week we talked about goals. I want to reiterate that I want us to spend this next week contemplating the last year and then looking forward to what we want to accomplish this upcoming year. If the last year wasn't exactly what we had planned. Di-sect what you could have done differently and what changes need to be made for the results that YOU want for the next year. Remember, write down your goals and write down how you plan to accomplish those goals.  I'm excited for what the NEW YEAR has in store for us.
I realize a lot of us gym veterans sometimes cringe at the beginning of the New Year and the crowd that comes with it. I want us to look at it a little differently. BUT BRIAN.... The gym gets unbelievably crowded with people that won't make it till March. IT DRIVES me crazy... They don't know what they are doing. Invading MY GYM! Now calm down and take deep breathes I say. BRIAN, you should never tell a woman to calm down. Ha, I know. I've digressed. Just hear me out. One of the best ways to excel at what you're doing is to teach others. Reach a helping hand out to the New Year resolutioners. We want them to be gym regulars. Create a groundwork for fitness for life. Not just for a few months. I hope that we can be encouraging to those new faces that we will see in the next few weeks. Compliment them for working hard. Let them know that if they have any questions to ask. If you have a friend who has fitness goals this new year. Ask them to the gym with you or to a class. If you clear it with me beforehand I will let them join in on one of our training sessions. We want to develop a support system for those that want to make changes to live healthier and longer. Every one of us knows that family and friends don't always support those trying to make changes for the better. By us reaching out to them it might be exactly what they need to get the routine started in their daily lives that they can sustain. By helping others we are also helping ourselves.
Take Home
#1) invite a friend to workout with you that is serious about getting back into shape
#2)Say Hi to a new face and help someone that looks like they are lost in the gym
#3) compliment those that you see working extremely hard and if you see results mention that to them
#4) LEAD and TEACH by example. Be a good example with form and intensity
The key to getting results over a long period of time is not by gimmicks or fad diets but by consistently doing the small things on a daily basis correctly. The important three. Nutrition, cardio and weight training. Lets keep a positive attitude with the new crowd and hopefully by us reaching out to the new faces we can help me make changes for a lifetime and not just for a few months. Love you all and I hope you have a GREAT NEW YEAR!  Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment