Tuesday, April 28, 2020

BLURRY VISION

A)  Vision: the act or power of seeing
B)  Sight: a thought, concept, or object formed by the imagination

All my life I've had 20/20 vision. In the last couple of years, my sight has gotten blurry. Like most males I've tried to just will my vision better. I mean who needs an expert...if you don't acknowledge it, it will go away, right?? Ha! I must have lost some of my magical powers because to my amazement my vision has continued to get worse. 

What do we do when our vision gets blurry? Let me reframe. What do we do when our goals, our purpose, gets blurry? First, we need to make sure we have a definite chief aim. A purpose when it comes to life. Be specific when it comes to your goals. The acronym SMART helps me a ton: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. It can be losing 20lbs, running that marathon, starting a new career/job, or having successful personal relationships. I have found getting started on this path hasn't been the hard part, its continuing when we start to lose sight of our destination. Just like my eyes over time, our purpose can get blurry. What do we do when a cloudy haze fills our vision? 

Speaking from experience and I hope you all can relate on some level. I have found that a few things hold me back from achieving and seeking what I truly want. 
Fear: A) an unpleasant often strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger; B) (1): an instance of this emotion (2) : a state marked by this emotion. Failure: A) an omission of occurrence or performance; B) lack of success. 

I’ll be honest, the fear of failure scares the shit out of me. Let me take one step farther. The mere thought of failure gives me a sense of being inadequate and this in turn freezes me with fear. That's why we don't go back to school, change careers to something we truly love, or commit ourselves to meaningful relationships. We stay stagnant in our comfort zone of a bubble because it keeps the fear of failure outside and it gives us a sense of protection. So many times, we start along a path towards something and then we get stuck because we get comfortable. And then our purpose gets blurry...

These strange times we live in give us an extremely rare opportunity. We've been given TIME. Which is rare and fleeting. We've had an opportunity to take inventory of where we sit in life, to be still and reflect on what is truly important in our life, to have time to clear our vision and focus on our Universal given path. It’s been an amazing gift for me. We have TIME to reach out to experts that can help us get back on track: trainers, life coaches, financial advisors, spiritual advisors are just a few that come to mind. Use the experts! It's worth it! 
To those that may be wondering, I went to the eye doctor and I'm now wearing glasses... I can see a ton better. Who would have thought? I love you all. Please share if this can help someone. Would love input on what I can write future blogs on. I want to put out one a week at least. Stay ACTIVE, FOCUSED, DRIVEN and tell someone special you LOVE them today.  Brian 
Cell Phone # 520 449-2011
I am training and doing life coaching if interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment