Sunday, August 19, 2018

BEST DRUG ON the MARKET

I believe in the power of exercise for the mind and the body. Exercising consistently will start a chain reaction of events that can and will change your life for the better. Physically and mentally it's the best drug out there. Trust me on this one. Ha... Endorphins and hormones released during exercise give you a similar euphoric feeling as morphine. These endorphins are the same ones chased after with addictive behaviors. Gambling, drugs, binge drinking, irresponsible sex... Chasing after that high. I can check the box on all of those. That's a different blog though. I could argue in moderation all these behaviors are acceptable but usually moderation is not the case when it comes addictive substances.
We also go to the doc for these in pill form.
 Here are  five main hormones released.
Serotonin: Mood boosting brain chemical. When suffering from depression serotonin is usually at low levels. Exercise is a natural serotonin booster.
Norepinephrine: it's a hormone and brain chemical. Increases memory focus and being alert.
Dopamine: the motivation and reward brain chemical. People who are depressed typically have low levels of dopamine.
Oxytocin: the Love hormone. Improves relationships and connection with others. My favorite.
BDNF: brain booster. Helps improve cognitive function and wards off brain deterioration.
Brian, I'm so fed up and depressed that the last thing I want is get up and exercise! I understand that feeling but just knowing this will help, might get you started. Over the years I've had clients come in depressed, sad, angry and just plain down in the dumps like Eeyore. After just 30min of moderate to intense exercise they leave feeling great ready to tackle the world again like Tigger. Its not my charm or good looks that does that for them... It's the endorphins and hormones released because of exercise. As much as I personally would like to take credit for that. Ha..  Exercise doesn't dissolve life's myriad of problems, but it helps us tackle them in the right mindset. The better we feel the better we treat those around us, and more lives can be changed for the better. Find YOUR PURPOSE and use exercise as a tool to achieve it!
 Goal this week. 5 days of 30 min to an hour of exercise. Mix it up with aerobics and weight training. Thank you  for reading my blog. Please comment or share if it helps at all. Love you all! Brian

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for inspiring! It's been a year that you've been my trainer and life coach. Now I'm free from toxic relationships and substance abuse. God has used you to do great things, Brian!
    Your friend,
    Maia

    ReplyDelete